Cauliflower can easily take the place of potatoes without you noticing the difference in taste, while definitely noticing the difference in post-meal feelings.
Boiling cauliflower, draining it, and throwing it in the food processor makes an amazing mashed potato substitute.
When mashed, it has nearly the same consistency as potatoes and can be dressed up easily with butter, salt, and pepper. Cauliflower is high in phytonutrients, natural chemicals that can help ward off disease.
- One medium to large cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil water in a medium or large stockpot.
- Rinse and cut cauliflower into florets.
- Boil cauliflower for approximately ten minutes, or until soft.
- Drain in a colander.
- Using a potato masher or food processor, mash cauliflower and butter and mix until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.