DIY Natural Face Mask for Clear, Bright and Acne-Free Skin
By Jordan Kravitz
When we first published a comprehensive piece on acne, its root causes and its remedies, we were met with consistent feedback that it was a lot to do at once. While we never suggested that you do EVERYTHING at one time, the sensation of overwhelm is enough to paralyze you and leave you doing nothing.
Diet is a crucial component in the beautiful skin recipe, so let’s not overlook that. But today we’re going to focus on ONE solution for clear, healthy skin. Turmeric. More specifically, turmeric applied topically.
Turmeric is seemingly the new black… and for good reason. There are over 9,000 peer-reviewed published articles that prove its many benefits, as well as those of its active healing compound, curcumin. But what’s all the hype about? Aside from making your skin look shiny and new, it can help in many other ways.
6 Benefits of Turmeric
1. Anti-Inflammatory: Studies show that curcumin is among the most effective anti-inflammatories in the world – more effective than ibuprofen or aspirin.
2. Anti-Depressant and Brain Support: It can improve your mood by boosting dopamine and serotonin levels, as well as improve cognitive function by stimulating the production of brain growth hormones.
3. Nutritious is an understatement: It’s packed with vitamins C, E and K, plus zinc, magnesium and iron. It’s even got a little fiber and protein as a bonus. In other words, it’ll help your body to run optimally.
4. Immune Support: It has antifungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-tumor properties. It also increases mitochondrial health, which lays the smackdown on free radicals.
5. It’ll Help Your Heart: Curcumin can help your body regulate blood pressure, as well as maintain healthy circulation and vascular function.
6. It’ll Make Your Skin Glow: Alright, let’s down to the good stuff. Thanks to its powerful antioxidant profile, turmeric is a popular ingredient in many modern natural skin care solutions and products. Its been proven effective in clearing up blemishes, preventing wrinkles and even in repairing sun damage.
Keeping in mind that your skin is more sponge than it is wall, why wouldn’t you use turmeric in your face mask recipe? The correct answer is, you would. If you’re looking for a recipe and a quick how-to, watch this video: