Unprocessed, premade guacamole (or even just a mashed-up avocado) can serve as an excellent dip for carrots, celery, or almond chips.
Add cumin to enhance the flavor. Cumin packs loads of iron and helps aid digestion.5
Craving something a little different in the dip department? Add a cup or so of cashews to the food processor, then mix with canned, drained artichoke hearts and thawed out organic spinach from the frozen food aisle. Toss it in the oven to warm it through. Cashews are high in omega-6 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats.
Spinach gives you a whopping amount of many nutrients, including vitamins A and K, folate, manganese, and magnesium.6
- 2 14 oz cans artichoke hearts, chopped
- 16 oz frozen spinach
- 1 cup cashews, raw & unsalted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add frozen spinach and artichokes to large saucepan over medium heat. Warm until the spinach thaws.
- While warming, add cashews to a food processor until they reach a powdery consistency.
- Add olive oil until creamy.
- Drain water from the spinach and artichokes and place in a large bowl.
- Add the cashew mixture and the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Pop into a 325-degree oven until warm. Won’t take more than 5-8 minutes.